Thursday, January 28, 2010

Rest In Peace

This morning I recieved a call from my mother at about 4:30am. My first thoughts were "why is my mom calling me?" and then it hit me... something was wrong with my Grandmom. The first thing I said when I picked up the phone was "Please don't tell me Grandmom died"... unfortunately my worst fears have come true. It took all of us by surprise because she was recovering well from her surgery. Her intestines were twisted inside and so they had to go in and remove some of it. My mom kept telling me that she was doing better but I guess her heart just gave out this morning. I wish more than anything that I could have visited her while she was in the hospital and said goodbye. It's so hard being stuck at school 7 hours away from my family. This morning everyone went to the hospital to mourn together and I was stuck crying in my empty dorm hallway by myself without anyone to comfort me. My first instinct was to call Kyle because he's always the first person I go too. Luckily he was able to pick up the phone and I cried to him about what happened. I wanted nothing more then Kyle to be right next to me holding me while I cry. I need a hug from him so badly :( I feel really bad because my Grandmom loved Kyle so much and I know that he wishes he could come home to pay respects to her. I will be flying home tomorrow night to be with my family all weekend and then come back Tuesday night. I'm not looking forward to how hectic it will be when I come back because I know I'll have a lot to cover from missing two days of classes.

I want to dedicate this blog to my Grandmom. She was the most amazing person I've ever known and was such a strong women. She's been through so much but always managed to stay strong. She was the only person that understood what I was going through with Kyle being deployed. My Grandfather was a colonel in the air force so my Grandmom lived the military wife lifestyle. She couldn't have been happier that I fell in love with a soldier. I know my Grandfather would have been so proud of me too, unfortunately he passed away right when Kyle and I began to date so he never got a chance to meet him. Both of my grandparents were two amazing people who I will never forget. They dedicated their later years of life to their grandchildren and wanted nothing more than for us to be happy. I'm lucky to have been loved by them. Rest in peace Grandmom, you'll be missed more than I can describe. Say hi to Grandpa for me <3

2 comments:

Armywife831 said...

I love ya girl! **Hugs**

The Mrs. said...

Again hun, I am so sorry for your loss. It's never easy, especially when you already feel so alone.
I went through the same thing when Jon left. He left on the 27th of October, and my Great-Grandfather passed away on the 31st.

<3 Thinking of you!