Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Finally some good news!!

I have finally gotten the good news that I have been asking for! Kyle and the other boys have been given a three day pass for family to come visit them before they head overseas. It was just a rumor at first but things have been made official. I can't even put into words how excited I am to see him. I really need this right now with everything that's going on in my life. I have my flights booked and the hotel room reserved to go see him! I think that not only do I need this right now but so does Kyle and all the other guys. This has already given them such a morale boost and they can't wait to get this month over with so we can go visit them. I feel so lucky to be given this opportunity because I know most deployed soldiers don't get this. I remember Kyle telling me how I can take this deployment in stages, where I'd see him in 3 months, then 6, etc. I had high hopes that it was going to be that case but it seemed like the next time I'd see him would be at least 6 months later when he comes home for R&R. I guess I just need to be more hopeful that things aren't always going to go bad for me and that the world isn't out to get me. My countdown has begun and nothing can take away this feeling of happiness. I cannot wait to see him and just jump into his arms and kiss him. That's all I can think about... the moment I see him again and how amazing every second of it will be.

1 comments:

The Mrs. said...

Wahoo! I am so insanely happy for you girl! I know how badly you needed that good news! =)