Saturday, January 23, 2010

New Semester

So spring semester has officially begun at school. So far it doesn't seem that bad. Classes will definitely be somewhat easier this time around and I'm feeling really positive that I'll be able to bring up my GPA even higher. I'm beginning to get back into the routine of things. It's hard not having Kyle as part of that routine anymore since he's been part of it since the beginning of my freshman year. I decided to be "adventorous" today and headed downtown to apply for a job and read "Dear John". I grabbed lunch at Kyle and I's favorite sandwich place and read my book at our favorite coffee place. I hate to admit it but I cried at both places. I'm not used to going to these places alone and they remind me of him so much. It felt like he was right there next to me but when I look to my left or right... he's gone. It's hard filling that void in my life because nothing can replace him. I know it'll get easier but at this current moment everything seems hopeless. Kyle is currently on a training mission so I don't hear from him much during the day and we don't get our nightly webcam sessions. Every day that passes is one day closer to him leaving for Afghanistan. In less than a month and a half he'll be over there. Then all ties of communication will be completely cutoff and I will go weeks, even months without hearing from him. It scares me to think how I'm going to handle not hearing from him everyday. I need to know that he's safe and that he's doing ok. I hate feeling so vulnerable...

0 comments: