Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Get Back Up Again

Lately things have been ok for me. So far classes are going good and I'm keeping up with all my homework (actually doing the reading for once). I make time to go to the gym every night and then make sure to get a salad and yogurt for dinner. I've been drinking a TON of water as well. I'm really trying to stick to eating healthy and finally losing the rest of the weight. I want Kyle to come home and be amazed at how good I look :) He loves me the way that I am right now but I know if I lost some more weight I'd feel even better about myself and more comfortable with my body.

I decided to give in and finally read Dear John. It wasn't what I expected which is a good thing. I was worried that I'd be crying the whole time I read it but I only cried once; when she said goodbye to him at the airport. That totally hit home and brought back the images of saying goodbye to Kyle and leaving the airport by myself and going back to the hotel all alone. I'm hoping to muster up enough guts to go see the movie... it might take me a LONG time until I give in to that.

As for Kyle and I, we've been doing really great. Kyle has opened up to me some more since he's been gone and has been showing his emotions more. Everyday I get at least one really sweet text message from him and I save it on my phone. I plan on typing up all his text messages and saving them on my computer because whenever I read them all my worries go away. I have my up and down moments about missing him but they come and go. I'll allow myself to cry but then I realize that I need to be strong so I brush myself off and get back up again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great. I'm doing the same thing. I'm going to the gym more and eating better and actually doing the reading for homework. lol. I also typed up all my old texts from armand when I switched phones (since I couldn't transfer them). That's great that kyle has opened up to you. armand is slowly starting to also. i think its important that they/we do to keep the connection alive/going. cuz that's all we can do for now. that's good that your doing good.

Unknown said...

Love the blog!! Add my blog thanks,