Saturday, January 2, 2010

Final Goodbyes

This morning Kyle and I said goodbye for the final time. Kyle was given holiday leave and we were able to spend about a week together one last time. I had such an amazing time with him and couldn't be happier with how it turned out. We spent most of our time with my family at our Vermont house but spent the last night in a hotel so we could be alone. Last night couldn't have gone any better, it really was perfect. We ended up not going to bed because we had to leave for the airport at 4:30am. I don't think I could bring myself to go to sleep anyways when I want to spend every second awake with him. Surprisingly the airport was PACKED but I was able to get a guest pass and go through security to say goodbye to him at the gate. It broke my heart knowing that this would be the last time I'd be in his arms for at least 6 months. Watching him leave felt like we had just broken up because of how much it hurt to say goodbye. I left the airport and went back to the hotel and slept until I had to catch my train back to my Vermont house. It was really hard to go back to the hotel room that we spent all night in and sleep in the same bed. I could still smell him as if he was sleeping next to me.

0 comments: