Saturday, January 9, 2010

“In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.”

I think it's funny how I know exactly who is reading my blog and they obviously know what I'm going through yet they don't have the decency to send even a little text asking how I'm doing. This deployment has already made me realize who my true friends really are. I know that even if I wasn't close to someone anymore and they were going through what I'm currently going through I would definitely be there for them. I might not call them and hang out with them but I'd offer my support. I say this SO many times and I'll say it again, I DON'T want a pity party... I just want people to actually give a shit for once in my life. What I'm going through is the hardest thing I've ever done and it would be a lot easier if people just cared a little. I feel like I wasted the past 20 years of my life on people who don't even matter anymore. I allowed my friends to walk all over me and yet when they needed someone and came to me I'd always be there for them. For those friends out there who are reading this and have yet to reach out to me... screw you. I know who my true friends are now and you're not one of them.

0 comments: