Thursday, February 18, 2010

9 Days Left

I've been slacking in the whole "writing in my blog" aspect of my life. Things have been a little hectic around here. Wednesday night I got a severe stomach virus and had to skip classes and an exam Thursday. I spent most of Thursday at the walk-in center at the hospital... not what I consider as fun that's for sure. By Friday I seemed to have recovered pretty well. Spent Friday night with some friends and then took the train Saturday morning to my Vermont house to meet up with the family. I was not going to spend Valentine's day alone or let it screw with my head and get me upset. It was really nice to see the family and spend time with them.

While helping my Dad move Christmas stuff into the attic of our outside garage/shed I broke down some. I know you must be thinking.... um christmas stuff made you cry? Well Kyle's Jeep is parked in that garage so when I saw it my heart raced some because usually when I see it, it means Kyle is here. I just stood next to it and stared inside the window and just cried. It's really hard to look at it and not have Kyle there next to me.

Sunday my little sister, her friend, and I went to go see the Valentine's day movie. I thought it was really cute and left me a little teary eyed. I was determined to not let Valentine's day make me sad but that movie ruined that determination. I allowed it to screw with my head which caused Kyle and I to get into a stupid fight because I was being needy. We worked through it and by the end of the night everything was fine. I hate when I do that... I'm definitely getting better but I guess sometimes I have my moments.

Just yesterday me and the other 3 girls signed the lease for the house were renting next year. I am so excited to live off campus with these girls next year! I really think that we're gonna get along so well and have so much fun living together.

As for Kyle... he's been extremely busy with training since they head overseas really soon. I still get my nightly phone call... sometimes at 1am but I don't mind. I'm just happy to hear his voice... it really does make everything better. I leave in 9 days to go visit him, it's all I think about 24/7. I can't even put into words how excited I am. It's going to be the most amazing three days ever :)

BTW once in awhile I hear from my friends that they think I'm always sad because of my blog or my facebook statuses. I just want to set things straight... I'm really not THAT sad. Yes I miss Kyle and I talk about how much I miss him and how I cry about missing him but that doesn't mean it's a constant 24/7 thing. I'm not happy that he's gone but I go on with my life and am getting through it just fine. I don't sit around and just wait for him to come home. If anything I feel like I've become so much stronger because of this. I'm sick of this whole "pity party" and sympathy crap... I couldn't be more proud of Kyle and happy that he gets to do what he loves. If anything, the Army has turned him into the man I love today and I wouldn't want it any other way.

0 comments: