Monday, February 22, 2010

Appreciation

I wish some people could put themselves in my shoes for one day. To know what it feels like to go months without seeing their loved one. To not be able to kiss them or just touch them. To worry that you're going to forget what they look like because you haven't seen their face for months. It makes me so angry to see people be so ungrateful of their relationship and take advantage of it. They have no idea how lucky they really are and they never will realize it. I believe that this deployment really has made me appreciate our relationship so much more. The fact that we can keep it going for a year without physical contact... that takes strength. I know that if our relationship makes it through this, we can make it through anything. I honestly feel lucky to be put into this situation because it has allowed us to get to know each other from the inside out. There's nothing to hide... all our emotions are laid out there in front of us. I may feel vulnerable at times but I wouldn't change it for the world. The moment Kyle walked onto that plane I knew our relationship just went to a whole nother level. To make a commitment to wait a year for him to come home and give him support and strength to keep him going... that's love right there.

2 comments:

Armywife831 said...

You go girl!!

Amy Burian said...

Some people will never understand, and it's not worth getting upset over. Just remember that even though others may never appreciate their relationship, you guys will 10x more and that's something to celebrate! :)