Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Much Needed

It's been a few days since I've posted so I have a few things to talk about. First thing let's talk about my exam Thursday. For some reason Wednesday night I hit my breaking point and basically cried about everything going wrong in my life. I was just so overwhelmed with my Grandmom passing away (still hasn't actually sunk in), missing two days of classes and catching up in work, having to study for my huge exam, and then of course Kyle being gone. To top it off Kyle left to go to another state for more training which means no more texts during the days, no nightly webcam chats, and only a 10 minute phone call at night (which is better than nothing I guess). I was able to call him though since they were on a bus for 20 hours... I felt so bad crying to him. I hate making him feel even worse than he already does but he's really the only person I would want to go to when I'm upset. He's my support system here at school and now I really don't have anyone.

Friday night I saw Dear John. It wasn't what I expected... I only cried once! They changed a lot of little details from the book which definitely bothered me. All in all it was definitely a good movie. I think a lot of people were disappointed in the ending but I already knew what was going to happen. It kinda annoys me how many girls want to see the movie yet I'm sure a lot of them don't even support the war. At least now they can see that this isn't a fairytale relationship and it most definitely is not easy. It did make me feel really lucky to be in love with my soldier. First thing I did when I got out of the theater was call Kyle and tell him how much I missed him. That movie definitely made me miss him even more.

I spent the rest of the weekend just catching up on homework. I had a lot of reading and notes to go through. I did end up meeting a girl who's boyfriend is currently in Iraq. She's a friend of my roommate. We got coffee Sunday and just talked all about our soldiers... it was so nice to finally meet someone here at school that can relate with me. I have a lot of military ladies that I text or call but it just isn't the same. I feel really relieved that I can talk to her and she can relate.

I haven't heard from Kyle much since they moved fobs and went to a different state. They have been training a lot lately and are getting things ready to head overseas. I can't say when they'll leave but the date is definitely getting sooner and sooner as the days go by. I'm a little upset today because of a few things and all I really want to do is talk to Kyle and I can't. I really miss being able to call him whenever I want and having him come visit me for the night to cheer me up. I really would do anything to just see him in person and just hug and kiss him... even if it lasted for 5 minutes. I miss him more and more as the days go by :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah. i really miss texting and skyping with armand too. today is wed. and he texted me yesterday saying they have a 24hr mission, but i haven't heard his voice in like 5 days. def sucks. i needed him last night, and i couldn't do anything about it. i'm never really sure if i should share the "not-so-good" things about life with armand, cuz i don't want him to feel bad or stress. so it's kinda hard to judge whether i should "vent" to him or not. (when i can) i just keep thinking positive about being able to see him soon and imagine being in his arms again, like nothing else in the world matters at that moment.

Infantry Girlfriend said...

I know exactly what you mean. I just got over a really bad stomach virus and was awake all night trying to fall asleep. All I wanted was to talk to Kyle and I couldn't. He texted me at like 11pm saying they're getting an 1 hr of sleep and that he didn't mind using a second of it to text me. I hate this 48 hr mission.... it sucks! Don't hold back when it comes to your feelings... you guys need to keep communication going as much as possible while he's gone. It's ok to vent to him... just think about what you're going to say before you do it. He understands what you're going through... he's not going to judge you. Sometimes we just need to cry to our soldiers... it might make them not feel very good but it shows that we care. Like you said, just keep thinking positive. This deployment has already made Kyle and I's relationship so much stronger and it's made me a much stronger person. We'll get through this, I promise.

Anonymous said...

this not talking to our guys does really suck. but also, i'm trying to think about it like "i better start to get used to it". because when they're over there, we're prob not going to actually talk to them, only write letters. (again, we don't really know what its going to be like) i guess we'll just have to wait and see. but armand says he has hardly any cell service where he is sleeping, which doesn't help.(sucks)

Infantry Girlfriend said...

Yeah I try to keep telling myself that too. I can't get too upset because it's only going to be worse once they get overseas. This really is preparing us for it. We're so lucky though that they are spending 3 months in the U.S. training and that we got to see them not only for Christmas but will again in 17 days!! We really are so lucky. I try not to make assumptions to what it's going to be like over there as for communication because we really don't know yet. I'm going to expect the worst just so I don't get my hopes up. Once they're finally there we'll realize what we're in for in these next 9 months. I highly doubt they'd cut off all communications to us because they still need to hear from us once in awhile because we're what keeps them going and staying strong.