Monday, April 19, 2010

Update

I've been really bad at this whole "blog" thing lately. The past few weeks school has completely consumed my life. Every night I was either studying for an exam, writing a paper, or doing a project. Today I had my last exam until finals... which means 3 weeks of FREEDOM! Which will be spent working out, catching up on reading for my classes, studying ahead of time for finals, and watching Army Wives :)

This past weekend was my 21st birthday. I decided to go home because I knew it was the best way for me to really enjoy my birthday. I was able to spend it with my family at a NJ Devils playoff game and a night in Atlantic City drinking and gambling. I really did have such a great time. It was hard to not have Kyle there with me... every second I was thinking "Kyle would be having so much fun with us" but I just tried to stay positive.

We're already past 4 months of this deployment. It's hard to believe that 4 months ago they left... everything seemed like it was falling apart at that moment. I would have never imagined that it would have turned out like this. I have grown to become a much more independent person and I don't have to rely on Kyle to be the only thing to make me happy. I've gained some great friends and have been able to put more time into my school work. I've also been able to get back into my workout routine and lose some weight again before he comes.

Most importantly Kyle and I's relationship has grown so much. Our relationship is stronger than ever right now. This deployment has only made us feel even more confident that what we're doing... is the right thing for not only our country but for ourselves as well. I truly believe that we really are meant to be together and nothing will get in the way of that. He may be a million miles away but at the end of the day, he's with me every second of the way.

I am so proud of him for what he's doing right now. Every time I read more news about the VT National Guard making such a huge impact over there I feel so proud to be in love with one of those soldiers. I know he's going through a lot right now and has a lot on his shoulders. He rarely gets enough sleep, eats food that actually tastes good, or get to shower often but not once does he complain. Every time I talk to him he always sounds happy and to be enjoying himself over there. This really is what he loves to do and nothing will take away from that.

0 comments: